Do you consider yourself an avid visitor who must experience the excitement of local markets? Everyone enjoys a trip to the market for the same reasons: the vibrant displays, the lively atmosphere, and the possibility of finding a great deal. Perth, the stunning capital of Western Australia, is home to some of the region's best markets. Perth's markets provide something for everyone, from one-of-a-kind souvenirs to delicious regional specialities.
Discover hidden gems and learn how to make the most of your vacation as we delve further into the cultural significance of each market discussed here. We've done the shopping for you, whether you're searching for a unique present, need a week's worth of groceries, or want to take in the weekend atmosphere. Here is a curated list of our favourite Perth markets.
Top Night Markets in Perth
Inglewood Night Markets
The famed Inglewood Night Markets have the best street party atmosphere and the most food trucks of any event in Los Angeles. Bring your dog and check out the food at the massive markets that return to Beaufort every Monday from 6 pm to 9 pm. If things become too crazy, there's always the licenced craft bar where you can relax with a drink and listen to the DJ.
Scarborough Sunset Markets
On Thursday nights from 5 pm during the summer, Scarborough Beach hosts some of Perth's most well-known beachside markets. There's a tonne of entertainment available, including live music and performances, unique handmade goods, and an unlimited supply of food from vendors like SMOKR BBQ, Don Birria, Clean Tasty Dirty, Treacle Treat, and Honey Creme, among many more. You can get your full dose of island spirit at the chic new Kombucha mocktail bar set up shop on the sand.
Twilight Hawkers Markets
Visiting this summertime street food market in Perth's central business district is essential. Until March 31st, Forrest Place will be filled with rows of merchants selling international cuisine, live music, and wandering performers. It's ideal for grabbing a cheap bite to eat with coworkers or friends once the day is done. It's also a late-night shopping night in the city, so you can go window shopping after you eat.
South Perth Streets
One of the most beautiful places to park a picnic blanket, a bunch of food from a food truck, and your greatest hunger is on the South Perth foreshore. This is what makes the night market in South Perth Streats so popular. That, plus it is BYOB, and the food is fantastic. Gather your pals, grab a picnic basket, and head to the river for a relaxing evening.
Live music, wonderful food, and infinite merchants await you at this weekly market in Bassendean, a charming historical area. After checking out all the exhibits, take a break and relax with a picnic in the nearby park.
Scarborough Sunset Markets Winter Edition
Up to fifty food trucks and market stalls set up shop every Saturday evening from 3 to 8 pm during the winter for the Scarborough Market: Winter Edition. Check out their handmade fire pits with marshmallows to take the cosiness level to the next level.
The Finest Farmers Markets in Perth
Fremantle Markets have been a traditional Saturday activity for decades, and good reason. There is always something fresh to try at the market, whether you are a regular or a first-time visitor. This little piggy is heading to the markets, so pack your shopping bags and bellies.
Perth City Farm
On Saturdays, Perth City Farm hosts one of our favourite markets, where you can stock up on organic, pesticide-free produce and various other delicious things for your home. Local honey, wild-caught seafood, Freshly baked bread, and more fall under this category. Also available are handmade alternatives to store-bought toiletries.
Subiaco Farmers Market
Get a weekend's worth of fresh produce at the Subiaco Market. Subiaco Farmers Markets, which takes place every Saturday morning at Subiaco School, is one of the greatest venues in the city to stock up on your weekly groceries.
This healthy hangout opened its doors in 2009 and has since been a staunch advocate for the work of regional food growers and manufacturers. You may get anything from tasty sambos and baked delicacies to dog treats here.
When you shop from places like Spring Orchard, GMT Produce, and Guinea Grove Farm, you're showing your support for local, independent farmers and sustainable and ethical agriculture. Instead of sleeping in, get here early and feast on treats from Wild Bakery, Le Crepe Chocolat, and Baguette Me Not.
Kyilla Community Farmers Market
This community market is held every Saturday morning in Kyilla Park, North Perth. This is the place to meet all your fresh food and floral needs in one convenient location. Come out on Saturday and show your support for the local community.
Perth's Best Makers Markets
Summer X Salt Markets
The Summer X Salt Markets are back in Trigg, so grab your swimmers and dog and head to Clarko Reserve. More than 200 environmentally conscious artists, designers, and craftspeople will have booths at this year's famed oceanside markets, all with a beachy theme. Delicious food and drinks, kid-friendly activities, coastal clean-ups, live music, run clubs, outdoor wellness classes, and more make this a family-friendly event.
Markets By The Sea
Markets By The Sea returns for its fifth summer in a new, exciting beachside setting. Sip an iced coffee as you peruse the wares of more than 80 talented local artisans, designers, and farmers. The casual coastal markets welcome children and pets and provide lots of green space to spread out a picnic blanket, food from mobile vendors, and a place to quench your thirst.
Perth Hills Artisan Markets
One of the best selections of locally created goods may be found at this indoor market in the Perth Hills. Many local potters, woodworkers, and food producers are selling their wares here, making it a great place to look for a handcrafted present or treat yourself to something new.
You're in for a real treat at the Perth Upmarket, which features some of the world's most incredible works of art and culinary artistry. The UWA Fair, held at Winthrop Hall from 10 am to 4 pm, has several exhibitors. Enjoy coffee while shopping for amazing gifts.
Heathcote Sunday Markets by Perth Makers Market
One of our favourite places to buy gorgeous locally made arts and crafts is the Heathcote Sunday Markets by Perth Market, which features over 150 stalls selling the finest handcrafted goods. Anyone taking their kids on a day trip will appreciate the green riverfront location, the solid restaurant lineup, and the spectacular pirate ship playground.
Best Sunday Markets In Perth
Marketplace at Victoria Park
The Vic Park Markets are held every Sunday from 8 am to 12 pm at John McMillan Park. You may get your fill of barista-made coffee, artisanal arts and crafts, barista-prepared breakfast fare, and fresh fruit.
Sunday mornings, from 8 am to 12 pm, the Kalamunda Market sets up shop in the Kalamunda Library parking lot, making it a must-see on any Sunday hill excursion.
Fruits, vegetables, meats, and seafood are just the beginning; the market also sells speciality items like macarons, soaps made from goat's milk, marinades, and sourdough bread left to ferment organically.
Kalamunda's Central Mall has a vibrant night market every Friday evening during the warmer months. The night markets are wonderful places to listen to local musicians, buy unique handcrafted items, and eat at food trucks and restaurants. Seasonal information can be found on the Kalamunda Market's website.
The City of Stirling Building parking lot hosts the Stirling Farmers Market every Sunday from 7:30 to 11:30 am.
The market's most popular sellers include Sweeter Bananas Co-Operative, which offers bananas from Carnarvon, Kojonup's Perfect Poultry, known for its "turkeys," and Regans Ridge Olive Grove, which sells high-quality olive oil from Gingin.
The Freo Farmers' Market is a great place to spend a Sunday morning because of its laid-back vibe, eco-friendly wares, and tasty produce. On Sundays, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm, Fremantle College plays host to a plastic-free market. Farmers, producers, artisans, community groups, and vintage dealers from Western Australia set up shop at the market.
With its face painting, animal farm, and eco-friendly craft classes tailored to children, this market is ideal for families. There is ample seating and protection from the elements.
Palmyra Western Market
Market patrons love the beautiful flowers, live music, brunch options like crepes, Dutch pancakes, and gozleme, and the wide selection of wonderful food, including homemade pasta, fish, organic preserves and farm-fresh fruit, and vegetables.
Supporting a great cause is just one more reason to visit this market. A portion of the market's proceeds supports the Palmyra School Kitchen Garden Programme, where children learn about nutrition via gardening and cooking.
Canning Vale Sunday Markets
The Canning Sunday Markets are more than just a food market; they also feature arts and crafts, clothing, books, home goods, and more. The indoor marketplace is open all 12 months.
On Sundays, you can visit the markets from 7 am to 1 pm at 285 Bannister. At the front gate, you can pay $2 to enter.
Mundaring Sunday Markets
The local Rotary Club hosts the weekly Mundaring Markets, where visitors may peruse stalls selling anything from fresh produce to handcrafted jewellery.
Usually, the markets run from 9 am until 2 pm, and they can be found in Mundaring's Sculpture Park.
Perth, Western Australia, boasts an impressive array of must-visit markets that cater to a diverse range of interests and tastes. Whether you're an avid shopper, a food enthusiast, or simply seeking a vibrant and lively atmosphere, these markets have something special to offer.
For those who love night markets, the Inglewood Night Markets and Scarborough Sunset Markets provide the perfect setting for street party vibes, food truck delights, and live entertainment. Twilight Hawkers Markets and South Perth Streats offer excellent options for indulging in international cuisine and enjoying a riverside picnic, respectively.
If you're looking for fresh and organic produce, Perth's farmers' markets won't disappoint. The Fremantle Markets, Perth City Farm, Subiaco Farmers Market, Kyilla Community Farmers Market, and Heathcote Sunday Markets are wonderful places to support local farmers, artisans, and sustainable agriculture while discovering an assortment of delicious goods.
For art lovers and craft enthusiasts, Perth offers some exceptional makers markets. The Summer X Salt Markets, Markets By The Sea, Perth Hills Artisan Markets, Perth Upmarket, and Heathcote Sunday Markets showcase the talents of local artists, designers, and craftspeople. These markets offer a variety of unique and creative products, making them the ideal spots to find that special handmade treasure.
Sundays are a great day to explore the city's best Sunday markets. From the Marketplace at Victoria Park and Kalamunda Market, offering a diverse selection of food and specialty items, to the Stirling Market and Free Market, featuring eco-friendly goods and family-friendly activities, there's something to suit every preference. Additionally, the Palmyra Western Market and Canning Vale Sunday Markets provide excellent options for supporting good causes while enjoying a wide range of food and merchandise.
Whether you're a local or a tourist visiting Perth, exploring these must-visit markets is a fantastic way to immerse yourself in the city's vibrant culture, discover unique treasures, and indulge in delicious local delights. From day to night, these markets offer unforgettable experiences and memories to cherish.
- Perth boasts some of Western Australia's best markets, offering vibrant displays and a lively atmosphere.
- Discover unique souvenirs and delicious regional specialties at Perth's markets.
- A curated list of Perth's favourite markets makes shopping easy and enjoyable.
- Inglewood Night Markets are renowned for its street party atmosphere and abundance of food trucks.
- Scarborough Sunset Markets on Thursday nights feature live music, handmade goods, and delectable food from various vendors.
- Twilight Hawkers Markets in the central business district offer international cuisine and live music until March 31st.
- South Perth Streats night market by the river is a popular BYOB option with fantastic food.
- Bassendean Markets provide live music, delicious food, and endless shopping opportunities in a historical area.
- Scarborough Sunset Markets Winter Edition offers a cozy setting with fire pits and marshmallows during the winter.
- Fremantle Markets, a traditional Saturday activity, always have something fresh to try.
- Perth City Farm hosts a favourite Saturday market with organic produce and handmade toiletries.
- Subiaco Farmers Market is a great place to stock up on fresh produce and support local farmers.
- Kyilla Community Farmers Market in North Perth meets all your fresh food and floral needs.
- Summer X Salt Markets at Trigg Beach feature environmentally conscious artists and designers.
- Markets By The Sea offer a casual coastal experience with over 80 local artisans and farmers.
- Perth Hills Artisan Markets showcase locally crafted goods and unique presents.
- Perth Upmarket features incredible works of art and culinary artistry at UWA Fair.
- Heathcote Sunday Markets offer over 150 stalls of locally made arts and crafts.
- Marketplace at Victoria Park every Sunday features artisanal arts and crafts and fresh fruit.
- Kalamunda Market on Sunday mornings offers fresh produce, speciality items, and night markets on Fridays.
- Stirling Farmers Market on Sundays hosts popular sellers and high-quality products.
- Freo Farmers' Market on Sunday mornings offers a laid-back vibe and eco-friendly wares.
- Palmyra Western Market delights patrons with beautiful flowers, live music, and delicious brunch options.
- Canning Vale Sunday Markets feature arts, crafts, clothing, books, and more, open all 12 months.
- Mundaring Sunday Markets hosted by the Rotary Club offer a diverse range of products.
- Perth's markets provide something for every avid visitor and shopper.
- Explore the cultural significance of each market and discover hidden gems.
- Curated lists of favourite markets make vacation shopping convenient and enjoyable.
- Inglewood Night Markets are known for their fantastic street party atmosphere and abundant food trucks.
- Enjoy live music, handmade goods, and mouthwatering food at Scarborough Sunset Markets.
- Twilight Hawkers Markets in the central business district offer international cuisine and live entertainment.
- South Perth Streats night market by the river is a popular and relaxed BYOB option with excellent food.
- Bassendean Markets feature live music, delightful food, and a wide variety of vendors in a charming setting.
- Stay cozy with fire pits and marshmallows at Scarborough Sunset Markets Winter Edition.
- Experience the traditional and ever-changing offerings at Fremantle Markets.
- Perth City Farm's Saturday market is a favourite spot for organic produce and handmade toiletries.
- Support local farmers and stock up on fresh produce at Subiaco Farmers Market.
- Meet all your fresh food and floral needs at Kyilla Community Farmers Market in North Perth.
- Summer X Salt Markets at Trigg Beach offer environmentally conscious art, live music, and outdoor activities.
- Markets By The Sea provide a casual coastal experience with local artisans and farmers.
- Perth Hills Artisan Markets showcase the best of locally crafted goods in a scenic setting.
- Perth Upmarket features extraordinary works of art and culinary delights at UWA Fair.
- Discover a wide range of locally made arts and crafts at Heathcote Sunday Markets.
- Marketplace at Victoria Park every Sunday offers artisanal arts, crafts, breakfast fare, and fresh fruit.
- Kalamunda Market on Sunday mornings is a must-visit for fresh produce and speciality items.
- Stirling Farmers Market offers high-quality products and supports local farmers.
- Freo Farmers' Market on Sunday mornings provides eco-friendly wares and tasty produce.
- Palmyra Western Market delights visitors with flowers, live music, and delicious brunch options.
- Canning Vale Sunday Markets feature a diverse array of goods and are open year-round.
- Mundaring Sunday Markets, hosted by the Rotary Club, offers a wide range of products in a scenic park setting.
Frequently Asked Questions About Perth
Yes, most markets in Perth are family-friendly, providing activities for children, live entertainment, and a lively atmosphere that both adults and kids can enjoy.
Generally, there is no entry fee to access the markets. However, some events within certain markets might have ticketed activities or charges.
Yes, most of the must-visit markets in Perth are easily accessible by public transport, including trains, buses, and ferries.
Absolutely! These markets offer a fantastic array of handmade and locally crafted goods, making them perfect places to find unique souvenirs and gifts.
Most of the markets in Perth operate throughout the year. However, it's recommended to check specific market websites or local listings for any seasonal closures or special events.